Sunday, October 11, 2009

Harvest Delights

I spent some time this past week canning tomato products. #2 had a good many tomatoes, and his purpose in growing them was to make salsa to sell at the Farmer's Market. So we made 10 half-pints of salsa, and this weekend we head to the Farmer's Market to peddle his wares. I also found a great bargain on some produce at the store, so I chopped the store tomatoes up and made some tomato sauce. I finally got it canned this afternoon; 4 quarts.
I failed to mention in the last post that my writing students did very well at the county fair. The essays are in grade divisions, and we had 2 first place winners, 2 second place, a third place, and an honorable mention. Even those who didn't "win" were chosen to be in the display case! I will share the boys' stories soon.

No comments: