Saturday, July 24, 2010

GGGRRREAT!

It has been a good week all around. #1 did well at Congress though he came home very tired. He took silver for his State project, and #2 took the Gold!!! They did a good job. #2 wrote letters to the County Commissioners and store owners to encourage them to support 4H. #1 made a video about 4H in our community. I received good news from the doc's office yesterday. My blood tests showed that all were negative except something called HLAB-27. I don't know much except that it is not Lupus or Rheumatoid arthritis. That was really good news. HLAB-27 is some sort of arthritis brought on by an infection. I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to find out more. Today we picked up our new family member. I will call him J-1 since he is our first exchange student from Japan. He speaks little English, but is holding up well. I am sure that if I were 13 and in such a strange environment I would have cried by now. He brought us presents and told us about his homeland. He has been here about 6 hours and has survived dinner, friends, and Wal-Mart. Now we are heading to bed, and I hope he sleeps. Japan is 13 hours ahead of us, so it is noon there instead of 11:00 p.m. Tomorrow after church we head out of the state for TN and the Smoky Mountains. It is the annual family vacation. We have never done it this time of year, so I hope we like it. The in-laws got there today, and it was 102 degrees. I could just stay home for that!! I won't be updating this week, at least I don't think I will, so have a great end of July and I'll see you next month.

No comments: