Thursday, July 15, 2010

School Is Getting Closer

My boys safely returned yesterday afternoon. They had a good time and might want to go back next year. Of course that would mean doing another electricity project, so I don't know how likely it is that #1 will go back. They enjoyed the fun at the beach, dinner cruise, and dance. #1 went to the dance, but #2 chose to go to the game room. He isn't girl material yet. I finished the upstairs and the boys liked how it looked. I said something to my group of ladies last night, and they suggested we watch Hoarders. So Hubby and I looked it up last night online and it was scary. I can definitely see #2 turning into one of these people. At least he is at the stage where I can throw things away and he doesn't freak out. Hopefully that means he doesn't have the mental illness. #1 did not notice the new mattress. We went in to check on him and asked what he thought about his room...anything different...anything noticeable? He was lying on the bed and looked all around not sure what we meant. Finally we started calling him "Princess" and asked if he felt any peas and he caught on. He slept well last night. I hope the mattress had something to do with it or else that was an expensive bomb. After I finished the upstairs I started on the bookshelf in the hallway. It is past time for me to be getting books and lesson plans ready. When I write out the schedule of all that I ask of my children I am amazed that they can get it done. Yet, they seem to have a lot of free time on their hands. For example, Geography, Math, English, Foreign Language, Typing, Health, Science, Art, Bible, Reading, History, and 4H projects are all on #2's list of things to do. What gets me is the grading. Everything you assign has to be graded or you might as well not assign it. Ugh. Today we head to a meeting about classes for next school term. I am teaming up with 3 other mothers to offer some courses for Freshmen. Some of the kids are getting a jump start on high school and starting in the eighth grade, like #1, but others are going to be Freshmen. We will meet on Thursdays all day and then the kids will do the work through the week. I will be offering Composition. The others are offering Art, Algebra 1, and Biology 1. At least I won't have to grade those, but having a bunch more students in my Comp class means I will be grading quite a lot. I have about 10 students in the high school class, and silly me offered a 6-8 grade class and a 3-5 grade class. There won't be much grading for the youngest class at least. Have a great day NOT grading papers!

No comments: