Monday, July 19, 2010

I Thought It Exasperated You!

I dropped #1 off at the Ag Center this morning so he can go to State Congress. On our way there I told him that a friend in our club made the Honor Club and will be inducted tonight. It is a fancy ceremony, and the kids who apply and qualify get tapped in, like National Honor Society. It is a big deal. You have to do a lot of work over the years to get in, and even if you do all of the work there is no guarantee that you are in. They only take a certain percentage of the population, so it also depends on how many apply the year that you do. Anyway, on the way to Congress this morning, #1 asks, "So how many points do I have toward Honor Club?" This from the boy who was exasperated by how many project books he has had to do! I just don't understand the boy. After I dropped him off I headed to the podiatrist. I am still having some trouble with my feet, but he believes the problem is systemic. He said he didn't want to do orthotics until we know more about what the problem may be. So I stuck out my arm and gave a bunch of blood. I don't even know how many tests they are running, but it took a lot of blood! He mostly suspects Rheumatoid Arthritis, but isn't willing to say anything until the results of all the tests are in. So now I wait. #2 is still interested in baking cookies to sell tomorrow. We mixed them up this morning before he headed out with his dad to run some errands. Instead of Guys' Night Out this week they are having Guys' Lunch Out. Now he is back to bake, so I guess I am baking this afternoon. Have a good day.

No comments: