Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Making Tracks

When I returned from Envirothon School last week my husband asked me to go for a walk. He wanted to show me something. We walked to the back field where there were some animal tracks. To be specific, they were black bear tracks. For those who have been here, that would be back where the horses are in pasture. For those unfamiliar with my homestead, it is about 1/10 of a mile away. Sunday Hubby and I again went walking. This time we found bobcat and coyote tracks, scratch marks like something happened, and deer tracks. They all criss-crossed each other, so I am not sure what was going on. We had had rain the night before, so the tracks had to have been from that day. It made me walk with my eyes a little keener to the surroundings. You may be questioning my ability to identify these tracks. I mean we do live just a couple of miles from a large town, a city even! Remember I had just come from Envirothon School. I got out my charts and notes and made sure. Black bear, bobcat, coyote, and deer. Oh MY!

No comments: