Saturday, July 03, 2010

Back from Camp

I am back from camp and have been resting most of the day. We drove for 11 hours yesterday. The traffic on I-95 was slow and we had to go around a couple of accidents. The kids did well all the way though, and I was grateful to get into my own bed last night. I left my own children in WV with their grandparents. I go to a camp for Envirothon advisors this week, and they would have been left alone. The 4H camp went well and I am certain the kids want to go back next year. They were surprised by how different camp is in WV, but they enjoyed it a lot. There is a lot of singing, as well as games, classes, and late nights. The older kids enjoyed a dance one evening, and all of the kids got to sleep out under the stars one night. The weather was hot the first day, but by the end of the week it was 50 degrees at night, and I kept my sweatshirt on most of the day. I think they were surprised by the difference in weather too. Now I have until Tuesday morning to catch up on a few things and get ready for the next camp. I think the in-laws are planning to bring the boys down at the end of the week, so at least I don't have to drive back up again. It would have been nice to see everyone again, but it would have been a fast trip. My boys go to Electric Congress with 4H the week after my Envirothon training, so I wouldn't have been able to stay at home anyway. Happy Fourth of July to Everyone!

No comments: