Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Faster than a Speeding Train

Like a speed train rushing through the channel, my life has been going fast and underground. I can't believe it has been a week since I last blogged. I know Auntie is getting anxious to know what we have been doing down here. School. That about sums it up. Last night at 9:00 we were still grading math with #2. There have been so many interruptions...parents visiting, meetings scheduled, clubs and co-ops...that we have gotten behind on things. So last night as we got back home at 10:15 from picking up #1 at a meeting, I told the boys that school would start at 7 a.m. this morning. WHAT!!! screamed me ( and them). Yes, we have such a hectic schedule today that I thought we better get it out of the way. So we were baking lamingtons and banana and apricot crumble this morning for our geography club. I took some pictures and hope to upload them soon for you. We did have a lovely visit with my parents though. We very gratefully received half a beef from them. They give us meat for our Christmas present, but this year we seemed to go through it faster than ususal. Maybe it was the two growing boys living with me. Anyway, we have had taco salad and beef stew and are loving having some good meat to eat. I had been feeding the family fish since I think of all the purchased meats it is the least contaminated with steroids, chemicals, fat, etc. I do like red meat though. Thanks Mom and Dad. We also had a campfire cookout with 4-H on Friday at our house. I love getting together with friends and sitting around a fire. It was great to sit and relax for a while. We were looking at introducing a new family to our club, so we did a little "try out". I'm not sure what they thought of us when I asked the 6 year old if her mother has a home school cage. She said no. I'm not so sure. Every good homeschooler has one....for the mother to lock herself in and eat lots of chocolate!

No comments: