Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where Is Strawberry Island?

Today was Geography Club again. #1 had New Zealand, and #2 had Easter Island. Mommy had a mess. Yes, what I learned in geography today is that you do NOT put frozen strawberries in a food processor. I was making the topping for New Zealand Pavlova cake. I needed to chop up some strawberries, and I thought, "Oh, this will be quick if I just throw the berries in the processor." I filled the container and turned it on. The lid flew off from the pressure of frozen berries being banged against the container! It was banging so hard I couldn't get the machine to turn off!! "Well," I thought, "it should be ok to turn it back on. Surely the worst is past and it will chop up those babies now!" I held the lid on just in case, though. The measuring cup on top flew up nearly to the ceiling and came crashing down on the counter. Strawberry bits and pieces were splattered all over the kitchen walls, counters, appliances, floor, and me...in a nice white shirt. Lovely. The dessert tasted yummy though, and I have had requests to make it again. A little bright spot in the red juice of disaster.

No comments: