Friday, September 17, 2010

A Happy Heart

There are two churches in our neighborhood that are discussing joining forces. They used to be one church many years ago, but they acted like sinful humans instead of like Christ-Followers, and the church split. Now after these many years, when probably no one even realizes that they used to be one, they are talking of getting together. It makes my heart so happy. Can you imagine the impact that could have on this community? If you were interested in going to a church, but were fed up with the hypocritical religiosity of churches, wouldn't you try a church like that? I am sure such news will make the paper, and it will intrigue some people. It speaks well for the churches and for the leaders of the churches who have decided that doing what God wills is more important than any human will. Hallelujah and AMEN! -------------- My older child is on his first "car date" tonight. Not really. At 13 1/2 he is too young for a date, but he has gone out with a group of friends, and they are riding with the 17 year old ring leader. She isn't driving far- maybe 3-4 miles- and they are going to a well-chaperoned party, but still it is his first "Teen Thing" in my opinion. #2 is at a sleepover birthday party, and Hubby is teaching his Weekend College course. So what does that leave me doing on a Friday night? Well after I delivered dinner to the shelter, I came home and watered and fed everything. Now that I have updated everyone, I will head to the pantry for the broom and mop. Yes, that's right! My exciting Friday night plans involve cleaning house. I really know how to live it up!

No comments: