Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Alexander Graham Bell Would Be Shocked

I went to a home school support meeting last night and learned a lot about my phone. The speaker is a fairly new homeschooler; her kids are 8 and 4. She is still in the "do it all" phase of home schooling. Her topic was explaining an organizational notebook that she keeps. The notebook was probably 4 inches thick!!! The experienced home school mom at our table pulled out her spiral notebook and said, "It is all in here." I then pulled out my pocket calendar and said, "It is all in here." If I lose that little calendar I'm toast. Then the speaker said something about a memo pad on her phone. Hmm, I thought, I wonder if I have one of those on my phone. Soon the 4 moms at my table were all engrossed in our phones. None of us had bothered to see what capabilities our phones have; we just use them to call people. Go figure. Yes, my phone has a memo pad, as well as a way to put dates on a calendar, set alarm reminders, make to-do lists, and more. My phone is one of the free ones you get when you sign up for a plan, and it is several years old now, so it really is easier to just keep a little pad of paper in my purse and write myself a note. I know that sounds like an old person afraid of technology, but in reality it is a mother afraid of a 4 inch binder! I like my pocket calendar, thank you very much.

1 comment:

LC said...

Your post gave me a laugh for the day. Have a blessed Sunday!