Thursday, November 04, 2010

Potatoes

I can't decide what my potatoes are or how to "cook" them. Sunday I went to a new homeschooler meeting. The topic for the day was time management, and I was talking about lesson planning. The leader showed us how you can get more in a bucket if you put in the big, important things first. She loaded in the potatoes, then beans, then rice, then water. Potatoes are the most important ingredient; "What are your potatoes?" she asked. Well, that isn't difficult. I know that Hubby and my boys along with myself are the potatoes. I didn't list God since I put him in with taking care of myself. BUT what does it mean that we are the potatoes? I can't decide. I hear all of the people around me talking about how fast time is going and that there isn't time for everything. All of my friends are stressed by everything they have to do. No one has any help for me; we are all in the same bucket swimming in a soup that we can't escape. I can't stay at home all of the time, but when you add in 4 people, we can't do everything that there is available to do. I can try to stay home until 3:00, but the school work still isn't done and the house still isn't clean. I am not watching tv and popping bon-bons either! I try to soothe myself with the knowledge that once the boys are gone then I can do the things that are left undone now. But how does that help with the stress level now? And I was talking to a grandmother yesterday who told me that she is always at meetings and functions and doesn't have time for the art that she planned on making all of those years she had kids at home. That was depressing. I guess I am once again complaining about the fast pace of life and the lack of leisure. I must figure it out though! My eye is twitching and I am exhausted yet again. I don't want to ask God to clarify things for me since I may be struck down with something worse that Bell's Palsy, but I sure do need some help that seems to be otherworldly, for no one here has any answers for me.

No comments: