Friday, November 05, 2010

Smokin'

I put a brisket in the fabulous crockpot yesterday morning, and we had a terrific dinner last night of brisket, corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I guess I decided how to cook those potatoes after all! During dinner Hubby asked if I know anything about Liquid Smoke. No. "The brisket is good, but if it had a little of that smokey flavor it would be great." I stared him down. "What?" "That would be putting chemicals in your food!" I exclaimed. And the match was on. "But it would make the meat taste better," he smiled. "Carcinogens," I returned. "Taste," he mocked. "Don't you know your body is a temple?" I cried. "Don't you think there was smoke in the Temple?" he slyly chuckled. At this #1 could hold himself back no longer. "I bet Abraham smoked Camels," he giggled. Match won by the novice rookie. We were all laughing. This morning #1 put bread into the toaster and then headed to the newspaper. About 10 minutes later Hubby walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen and about died from smoke inhalation. The toaster sticks on the right hand side and #1 was oblivious to the layer of smoke filling the room next to him. The whole house is full of smoke now and we are freezing as we try to air the house out. It wasn't Camels that boy was smoking. --------- We are getting our family portrait taken today. The yearbook staff this year is taking pictures of the whole family and then you get a cd of the pictures with permission to print them. We haven't had a family picture taken in about 7 years, and I didn't buy that one. This may be the last one while the kids are still at home. Sad to think.

No comments: