Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blessings On Your Head

God is stunning. There is no way around that. No matter what happens He jumps in and takes care of things. Thank you to those who have been His Blessing Givers recently.

I enjoyed a day at home with my family yesterday. Those days are few and far between now. I know, I know. We homeschool, and I am a stay-at-home mom....BUT we rarely have a day that allows us to be home and uninterrupted. Actually yesterday wasn't quite that. I was a Call Girl for a while.

I had a chiropractor appointment and then planned to go to the store afterward. It has been weeks since I have gone to the market and the cupboards were getting bare. While I was at the store though I would have to call home and ask questions. What did we ever do before cell  phones? Anyway, after I got back we had movie night as a family and finished off the day in style.

Lunch was probably my favorite part of the day. The boys and I ate together. I was telling #1 that his grandparents asked if he wanted his suit for Easter Sunday. He laughed as hard as I did at that one! No he just needs it for prom. That brought #2 into the conversation.

"When I go to prom I think I will wear a dress. You know I look good in anything."

"I think you will change your mind when you are old enough to actually go to prom," I replied.

"Yeah. I'll probably wear a kilt. Show a little of my heritage."

"How did I get boys like you?"

"I didn't want a brother. I wanted a monkey," #1 declared.

"Well you got that! He certainly is a little monkey!"

"At least he doesn't throw his poop," said #1.

My parents have left for their Spring Break. They will be here in a few days. I have wanted so badly to get to WV and visit this semester, but with classes every Thursday, Envirothon every Friday, work on Wednesdays, and volunteer commitments at other times it just hasn't been feasible. It will be good to see them.
Classes end this Thursday with a science fair and art show. The Composition kids have a final, and I have one more poetry presentation to make for my middle schoolers. The following week is standardized testing and the Envirothon competition. Then school is OUT! Whoo Hoo!!
Would you believe with all of that excitement I have been working on next year's classes the past two weeks? It won't end for 5 more years.

No comments: