Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Was Right

For many years I have said that my husband must marry again if I die. My reason is that he will only eat meat and cookies and completely ignore healthy foods. After we had children, it became even more important to me that he remarry, because he will feed the children the same as himself. The day before I left last week, I bought some Little Debbie cakes for my high schoolers to celebrate the end of research papers. There was one Fudge Round left, and I brought it home for Hubby. When I returned from my trip, there was still the fudge round in the pantry. I was amazed by the self-control that lived in my house. Until! Later in the week #2 asked if he could have part of my oatmeal pie. I shared half of it with him while #1 broke out the fudge round. #2 looked at it longingly and said it would be nice to have a bite since he only had one out of the whole box. Whoa! Hold the train!! How could he have had one out of the box when he wasn't in the celebratory class and there was only one left? The grins were hard to hide, and they had to admit that their father had taken them to the store and let them pick out what they wanted. #2 had chosen salt and vinegar chips, while #1 had chosen a box of fudge rounds. But it doesn't end there. Oh NO! #1 tells me later, in the presence of his father no less, that his dad had said they had to eat the whole thing before I came home in order to cover their tracks! I might not be the one who dies first.

1 comment:

SCV22867 said...

You need to check facebook while you are away. He was perfectly honest about what was going on there.