Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another Birthday

We just seem to have a lot of birthdays and celebrations around here, don't we? Well, when you get married around Christmas and then have babies around Christmas, that's how it goes. #2 turned 13 at the end of December. Yes, this 42 year old, healthy mother has two teenagers. I know, I can't believe it either.

He was very excited to get a bunch of knives and other survival gear for his birthday. He thought that was going to be it because he told me he didn't want to do anything special. "16 is special, not 13." Huh!

So his dad and brother took him out to a movie, and I got everything ready. We had a surprise party with 12 of his friends, and boy was he surprised! Everyone hid in the livingroom, and when they jumped out at him he was so scared I thought he was going to cry. But he recovered nicely, and they had a great time.

They played group games inside and Capture the Flag outside. Whenever they were cold they came in for snacks and hot chocolate. It was a great party.

Here is my baby teenager. Sigh.

No comments: