Friday, January 13, 2012

Healthy and 42

Healthy and 42, can those two words truly go together? It seems the answer is, "YES!" I went to the doctor Wednesday for a check up. His first question to me was why was I there. Most people would have a complaint- my ears hurt or my pinkie is changing colors- but my response... "My insurance said I have to come or they will drop me." No need to beat around the bush. I know I am not a good patient.
But you see I AM a good patient. I take care of myself. I eat right, most of the time, and I exercise. So when he started asking me all of the "doctor questions" I was able to say, "Nope. No. Un-uh." In the words of my f-i-l, "I don't drink, smoke, or chew, or go with guys who do." It makes doctors happy and me healthy.
So I spent the rest of the day telling everyone how healthy I am. "The doctor didn't even want my blood. He told me not to come back. He said I was the best 42 year old patient he ever saw!" So I started to exaggerate a little, go ahead and shoot me; I can outrun you!! I'm healthy!!!

No comments: