Monday, January 16, 2012

A Day Off

Way back in December, I think the 14th or 15th, the boys and I needed a day off. The three of us headed to the beach for the day, and what a lovely day it was. We had been at each other's thoats, and it was just what we needed to get the love back.
 My camera batteries died, so these were the only two pictures I was able to snap, but they were good. I told the boys we had to walk a half hour one way and then walk back in order to count it for the PE activity they needed. They took turns walking with me, being alone, exploring, and both joining me again.
The weather was about 70 degrees and very calm and sunny. Perfection is the only way to describe it. We stopped for a lunch pizza on the way down, and after our PE walk, we read books, looked for shells, and walked some more. Then we headed back and stopped at a bookstore. After searching there a bit, we went to WalMart to do the boys' Christmas shopping for the family.
By then it was getting to be time for dinner, so we stopped in a little town I love between here and the beach. We ate dinner at a Mennonite restaurant and then walked around town looking in shops. There was a Community Christmas Caroling going on, and we stopped to sing with everyone. An older woman commented to #1 that he is a great singer and she hoped he was singing in the choir at school. It was just the boost his self-esteem needed!
By the time we got home both boys were saying what a fabulous day it was and how glad they were I made them go. I quite agreed.
--Of course it has been a month now, and we need another day like that already! It may be a long semester....

No comments: