Saturday, January 21, 2012

Colorful Christmas Miracles

Back in November, you may recall, my dad and I butchered a bunch of roosters. We also tried to butcher a chicken, but she eluded us. I wanted to butcher her because she hadn't laid eggs in about a year. A few days before we left for our Christmas holiday, I found three of her eggs! I know they are hers because she lays the greenish-blue ones. I guess she got concerned for her safety and decided to give us a little Christmas Miracle.

This is a colorful recipe I tried before Christmas and then gave as presents to my parents and in-laws. It is a Reuben Casserole, and it is delish! It is layered in the pan and very easy to make. I got the recipe from a church friend, but I also saw it later in Taste of Home, so I bet you could find it on the web.

 And this is my last colorful exhibit. I was out walking a while back and came across this feather. One side was very, very yellow and the other black. It must have been a small songbird blown off course for the winter. I hope it made it to warmth before the cold front blew in.

No comments: