Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Family Christmas, Part 3

With all of us in the house, sleeping arrangements are a little shifty. It used to be that all the kids would gather in one room and sleep together, but now with older kids and more of them, that doesn't work. So #1 was to sleep downstairs in the main room. That meant he was there when Santa made the final touches on the night's escapade and didn't get to sleep until late, late, late. So here he was the next morning hoping to be ignored.

Santa left a huge light saber for this guy. See his mom's hand showing him where he needed to go with his weapon? So glad to be out of that Star Wars stage!

After church we headed to my family's house. We were joined by my cousin's kids; all very sweet and obedient of course! Just look at them downing that wonderful Christmas dinner.....presents come afterward! Not only are they good eaters, but they sing too. After the presents were opened we all sang together- it's what we do, don't ask- and they helped lead the singing. They are quite talented even if I wasn't related to them. They called me last week for my birthday too. What a treat!

I guess #1 isn't ready to be a daddy and stay up with Santa. He had to take a long nap that afternoon.

This cutie climbed in the bag too.

We got my dad a walking stick. He enjoyed poking everyone with it all evening. I hope he enjoys lots of long walks. In fact, he and Hubby and I went for a long walk the next day to see where a coal mine is being installed. More on that later.

And here is my mother with her boys. As you can tell, by the time we got to our presents it was late. It was a long holiday full of love and family. Just right.

No comments: