Saturday, May 13, 2006

The boys and I walked through the field yesterday evening to meet the neighbors in the new subdivision. Two families have moved in so far and they seem nice. One family has a couple of older kids and one has a toddler. Hopefully soon the other houses will fill with lots of children to play with. I am trying to look at it that way so I don't just despise their presence in my quiet space in the world. We took eggs to the neighbors, fresh ones from our chickens. Lee said he likes hearing our rooster in the mornings. I am pretty sure he would change his mind about that if he lived a little closer! Anyway, they seem very nice and genuine and my boys are glad they are here. On the walk back home through the field lightning bugs lit the way for us. They were out for the first time this summer. The moon was full and bright. Summer is starting off so well.

No comments: