Friday, May 12, 2006

Today was the used curriculum sale for our home school support group. Last year didn't go so well for me; I didn't sell much and I didn't find a thing to buy. This year I thought the sale was better and I found several things for my children. As I was talking to another friend about the sale I discovered that she thought it was the other way around- last year was better than this year. That was because she was looking for curriculum- which was sold last year- and not "extras"- which seemed to be for sale this year. I, however, like the "extras" and not necessarily the curriculum packs/sets. It has taken several years to figure all of that out, which may seem odd given that I was a school teacher before the children were born. I really enjoy the freedom of reading lots of books about a subject and not just what the text says. We go to the library weekly and we read a lot. I use the Core Knowledge Series for each grade and see what I am supposed to cover for the year and then check it out at the library. 4th grade looks like it will be a lot of fun, Medieval History and King Arthur, Knights, and Magic. We will repeat 2nd grade with Ancient Greece, mythology and gods. Great stuff for boys!

No comments: