Wednesday, May 24, 2006

These are the prayers I have been praying in my morning devotions lately. O God, fountain of love, pour your love into our souls, that we may love those whom you love with the love you give us, and think and speak of them tenderly, meekly, lovingly; and so loving our brothers and sisters for your sake, may grow in your love, and dwelling in your love may dwell in you, for Jesus Christ's sake. Canon E.B. Pusey Father, thank you for making me your child and bringing me into a family of brothers and sisters the whole world over. As I affirm my love for you, help me to show that love in genuine affection for those who call you Father too. May my prayers, words and actions for all God's people reflect my love for you. Through Jesus my Lord, Amen. Anonymous I am also reading James in the morning and chapter 3 really brought this home to me. How can I praise God and worship him so passionately and then think bad things about my brothers and sisters? I can say that I love everyone in the sense that I would help anyone who needed help, but to use the term "genuine affection" and to have to think of them tenderly, meekly, and lovingly...that is asking a lot. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: