Thursday, May 11, 2006

I had a great compliment this evening. Today was our last day of school for the year. Next week the kids have spring break and the week after that starts their summer vacation. I know that means that really they are starting summer vacation now, but they really want that spring break in there. Anyway, when my husband came home about 8:30 this evening, we were lighting sparklers to celebrate the last day of school. He said, "You are the neatest mom." It evidently didn't occur to him to celebrate. I guess that is because he isn't the teacher! The kids are thrilled that summer is here and "no more lessons, no more books". I am excited because the fun part of school happens this summer. We are going to travel a good bit and see a lot of the history that we have studied the last couple of years. Hands-on learning, up close and personal; the best school days are yet to come- just don't tell the kids!

No comments: