Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I started reading a novel by Francine Rivers this week. I have had to take a break, because of my schedule and because I am tired from staying up late to read. The book is about a man who is told to marry a prostitute during the California Gold Rush. It is a parody of Hosea. There are many thoughts that have intrigued me, but the most impressive has been that Satan's voice is the voice of Reason. It is not God's voice that tells you what seems to make sense, but Satan's. He tells her this man can't really want to love her. As soon as other, more appropriate women, come to CA then he will leave her. On and on...and it seems to be what you would expect. It is God who is saying give it a chance, trust me, it will work out. How often in life we must hear the voice of Satan, and it seems reasonable. God's voice is a small whisper, that seems to make no sense, but eventually leads to a better life. No wonder it takes faith to be a Christian.

No comments: