Thursday, February 22, 2007

We have been reading Mark in school lately. I noticed yesterday that I had underlined parts in the past. I underlined phrases that showed people's response to Christ. The people pressed him, pushed him, ran to him, crowded him. I have been missing that drive for a while now. I haven't felt the need to read scripture as often or as deeply. My mind has been consumed with other thoughts and projects. I have been tired, preoccupied... I have not been the Lover that He deserves. I have not stopped praising him and thanking him for all that he has done for me, but like a selfish child, I have thanked him and expected more for nothing. I am confident that I have disappointed my Lord. This is my public announcement to do better. Out of the mouth comes the overflow of the heart. May my speech be full of God.

No comments: