Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The rain has held off here, so I am working outside still. I am trying to have a good attitude about it, but I am struggling. We had to replace the chicken coop wire because the goats have torn it up and the chickens keep getting out. Well, Elvis stuck his horns into the wire again and nearly ripped the new wire. I put him in the goat pen and he broke down the gate to try and get back to me. So then I had to fix the gate as well. The chickens can get out under the field fence and with the french drain work starting soon, I need those chickens to stay in the field. The goats keep eating staples and cardboard and getting in my way, the chickens are digging in all of the things I am digging and planting, and the cats and dog just can't get enough attention. I feel like my kids are still here!! It would be ahumorous movie, but living it is not that great. The kids are having fun. They have played in the snow enough to last all year. They also have that Big Grandma tied around their pinkies. They asked her for a bell and a menu for breakfast, and she provided BOTH!! Everyone needs some spoiling I suppose.

No comments: