Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another restless night and so I am trying to catch up on my personal things. I can't believe it has been a week since last I blogged! This is the last day of October and I have to say I am glad. It has been such a busy month; I am ready for a little slower schedule. Sunday was our church's Trunk or Treat. We always have fun with it, and the kids look forward to it, too. This year I was a wood elf and served the hot apple cider. Hubby was Jonah and our trunk was decorated as an underwater scene. The kids had to "fish" to get their candy. I have a feeling the winning trunk was the one decorated like a castle. The hosts were dressed as princesses. Jonah just couldn't compete with that when the little girls came around. Yesterday we took the 4-H club to Raleigh to the museums. They took a couple of classes at the science museum, and then after a lunch in the parking lot, we went to the history museum to see a special exhibit on The Lost Colony. We went in August to see the musical, so this was an interesting addition for us. The kids really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed seeing the original pictures drawn of the area. Then, I took my kids and a friend and her kids who were riding with us to the art museum. We have been studying the Rennaisance and I wanted the kids to see some real art from the era, not just internet and book pictures. They actually really enjoyed the art museum! So today the chore will be keeping the kids' minds on schoolwork. After so much fun recently and Halloween to look forward to, they will likely be day dreaming quite a bit. Halloween has become a fun tradition for us here. We go to a friend's house and eat, go out to T-o-T together, and then the kids all trade their candy. This year's feast has been planned by the children to complete a 4-H project book. Should be fun!

No comments: