Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My second home as a married person was in an apartment complex. I was very vigilant as a new wife and housekeeper. My house was always clean; in fact my grandfather-in-law told me I vacuum too much. So imagine my horror when we started having cockroaches! The neighbors next to us were not at all good housekeepers and the roaches moved in. When the apartment owners would bomb the apartment next to us then all the roaches moved into our apartment. When we left there I said the most important thing in the next home would be no bugs. It has been an issue with me ever since. When I was growing up the only bug problem we had was spiders in the bathtub. I would have my mother look in the tub before I showered and problem solved. Other bug issues are not so easily solved. We bombed the house again yesterday, put Borax on everything, vacuumed, washed, mopped--you name it. I am still washing pillows. Then I have all of the dirty laundry to do, just in case the buggers moved into the hamper while we were bombing the place. So far I haven't had any complaints today, but it may be that everyone is afraid of my flying into a rage if they mention the "f" word---FLEAS!

No comments: