Friday, October 19, 2007

Remember I was trying to get old tv shows for my kids? Well the first has arrived, Land of the Lost. It was on Saturday mornings in the 70s. Marshall (the dad), Will, and Holly are on an expedition when a violent earthquake takes them to another world. There are monkey people, mean dinosaurs, and alien type things called sleestak. I remember that it was kind of scary to me as a kid, so I told them I would watch it with them at the start to make sure it doesn't bother them. All they did in the first episode was make fun of me. "You thought this was scary? That looks like playdough!" Ok, the dinosaurs don't look so scary now because of what we are used to seeing at the movies. Then the second episode introduced the sleestak. Now they were jumping in their seats! But then I was the one who had a bad dream last night, so maybe I am just more cowardly than my kids. ------ The rain finally came yesterday and I think it is going to rain more today. We stood at the door and cheered for God- we need it so badly. Last night when I went to feed the frogs were croaking and singing like it was springtime. All of creation was rejoicing!

No comments: