Thursday, October 11, 2007

Well, as I washed all of the things yesterday in hopes of killing fleas and their eggs, the washer stopped working. It won't drain after the rinse cycle and then spin. So I took the water out bucket by bucket and tried again. Still it didn't work, so I drained it bucket by bucket again. Then Hubby and I went to work taking it apart. I had washed pillows and one came open so I thought stuffing might be trapped in it and stopping the drain. Our washer and dryer are in a tight space in the pantry, so I got the joy of climbing in behind them to figure out the problem. Spider webs, lint, and mouse droppings were not adding much to the "joy." There were two screws to get out of the back so that I could pull the hose out and try to drain it and look for fluff. It was dark and shadowy down there and I couldn't tell what type head screwdriver I needed. One screw worked with a Phillips head, but the other wouldn't work with anything. I told Hubby I thought it was a nut and so he handed me a "ratchet" to try and get it off. I kept turning the driver and he kept repeating to me, "It's a ratchet! It's a ratchet!" I at this point am hot and dizzy from standing on my head, and I guess I was beginning to melt down. "I don't know what that means." "It means you turn it." "I AM turning it." "No, you twist it." "I AM twisting it!" "Let me show you." So he proceeds to show me how to turn the screwdriver. It looked like what I had been doing, but he assured me it wasn't. It seems he didn't want me to take my hand off of the handle; it would go faster, he said. Well it seemed to go faster for me just turning and not having someone tell me over and over, "It's a ratchet!" So anyway, I got the screws out (One was filled in, that's why it didn't seem to be any type head.) and drained the washer and did not find a bit of fluff. So I got it put back together and tried it again after church last night. It will drain after the wash, but not after the rinse cycle. Now I have to drain it out again. Ugh. So today I have to call the handy man and see what he says. It is a two year old washer and should not have this problem! So that $50 dog is costing me more money again!! Sometimes I wish I had fleas and could just stay outside.

No comments: