Monday, November 23, 2009

Let The Holidays Begin!

The in-laws were down for a few days to visit. I went to a conference at the university the evening they arrived, so my time with them was a little shorter than the guys' time. Friday we finished school for the year!!!!! We were so excited that we went to Red Lobster for lunch to celebrate. Hubby and I tried to go to see "Blind-side", but it was nearly sold out. Since we didn't want to sit in the front four rows, we went Christmas shopping instead. That way we could send stuff back with Hubby's parents and not have to try and hide it on our trip up next month. So, great news!>>> I am nearly done with Christmas shopping! Yeah, Baby!! We did manage to see Blind-side the next day, and it is a very well done movie. The message is great, acting great, just all around super. I even think I would let my boys go to see it. Then after church Sunday, the in-laws left. It was a quick visit, but very enjoyable. So today is the first day out of school. I told the boys I have to work on some of my school projects this week, so my only requirements of them would be to keep the house clean and enjoy themselves. #1 wanted to know why the house had to stay clean. Such a guy question. I told him I can't think when the house is messy, and I need to be able to think this week. He seemed to accept that. #2 wanted to know if he could stay in bed until his breath tasted so bad he couldn't stand it. I told him sure. He got up a little after 10 this morning. #1 was even later than that. I can honestly say, the breath was pretty dangerous. I have not actually spent a lot of time on my school projects. I think I needed to have part of a day to myself. I even took a morning nap! But now I am at work trying to get things settled for next semester. I am signed up for a class at NCSU to be taken on-line. I don't really know how that works, but I think I get to choose my day and time this way. At least I won't have to drive to Raleigh in the winter weather. Now I start to PAY for the education though, ugh. While M-I-L was here, she kept trying to get me to put up the Christmas tree. She thinks it is relaxing to sit and look at the tree. She's right; it is. But I much prefer sitting and relaxing in front of someone else's tree. I doubt one will get put up at our house this year. No I am not a Scrooge, I am a practical merry-maker. Happy Holidays, Everyone!

No comments: