Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What Month Is It?

In Eastern Carolina you may not know what season it is. Some days are warm, others cool. Rain and sun are mixed throughout. The leaves change colors, but not all at once. You can't even rely on the bathtub to tell you the season. Looking at this tub, one might assume that it is summer, but no, someone is capable of getting this dirty even when it is nearing winter. I went to get in the shower last week, and saw all of this grime. I, of course, didn't have my glasses on, and thought, "Why did Hubby leave all of those beard trimmings in the tub?" Once my glasses were on, I realized that #2 had used my tub the night before and this was DIRT! #2 had to get two shots yesterday. I have been taking the boys to the health department to get their shots for free. I don't get in a hurry to immunize since I had a bad experience as a nanny for a child who ended up very disabled from vaccines. But a friend told me that shots are not going to be free after Dec. 1, so I booked it over to get what I think was safe for us so far. My boy was very brave, though he was apprehensive. He had watched his older brother get a shot a couple of months ago, and I think he was trying to be braver than his brother; a sort of Manly Challenge. Anyway, he performed superbly and is still in bed this morning. I think I will let him rest as much as possible...seeing as his body was just filled with 4 diseases and probably exposed to many more just by being at the Health Dept.

No comments: