Sunday, November 29, 2009

Poison and Turkey

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Friends invited us over for dinner at 6, so we had the day to ourselves. Hubby was proud to see his highschool band was in the Macy's parade this year. I woke up feeling like I was catching something, so I was happy that I didn't need to feel guilty about not cooking. I made two blackberry pies, pumpkin pie, and sweet potatoes. We went to the market Wednesday evening to get the sweet potatoes, and while we were there #2 told us that his eye was burning pretty badly. I couldn't see anything the matter, and we forgot about it. Friday morning he woke up with his face swollen and covered in poison ivy. I tried to take care of it with Benedryl, but it wasn't cutting it. I asked a doctor to call in a prescription for us, and he is starting to look a little more normal now that he is on Prednisone. Unfortunately, my achiness didn't go away. I now have a bad head cold and would like to tear my head off my body. Hubby started feeling a sore throat this afternoon. I am not a selfish person. #2 has started working on a deer hide again. He tried tanning a hide last spring, but it didn't go well. This time we are trying with the hair left on the hide. He and his buddy have gotten it nailed into a board and started pulling off the meat and fat. I will help them finish that tomorrow and then get it salted down. Can I put that on a resume? #2 told us the other day that we need to get one of the free phones they were advertising on the tv. I asked him whom he would call. No one. In parental sly fashion, I then asked #1 whom he would call. (We were thinking about getting him a track phone when he turns 13; a sort of "coming of age" gift.) He named about 5 girls he would call and talk to... No BOYS! Yeah, I don't think he will be getting a phone for a long time.

No comments: