Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back for a Day

Yes, we did have Valentine's Day here in NC. It was even cold and snowy for the occasion. We have had more snow this year than any other since being here. Of course that is what most of the country is saying these days. I gave Hubby a box of chocolates and told him he could wear his fish tie. I hate that fish tie and always have. He has had it since we were dating. Though I threatened many times to get rid of it, I have let him hang on to it, but he never wears it. It isn't so much that he never wears "it" as much as it is that he never wears ties anymore. I know that shocks some of his old friends. I guess I have been a bad influence on the daily tie wearer. Anyway, he wore the tie to church and it was the talk of the congregation. You either really love the tie or really hate it. One woman said she couldn't pay attention to the sermon since she kept looking at the dead fish hanging around the preacher's neck! Anyway, it was a fun day, and I still am greatly in love with my Valentine.
#1 wanted to try a recipe from his cookbook that he received for his birthday. He made Chinese New Year Skillet...a sort of sweet and sour pork with rice. It turned out well, but is a bit sweeter than we like our food. I have been the only one to eat the leftovers.
Tuesday we went ice skating with our 4H club. The kids had a good time skating and hanging out with each other for a couple of hours. The moms stayed in the warm cafe area and played Phase 10 cards. It was good to slow down with friends for a little while.
Now we get ready for Winterfest in Gatlinburg. I am one of the chaperones and we have asked a friend to accompany #1. He will be here in a couple of hours to spend the night, since we leave pretty early in the morning. Tomorrow is a 9 hour drive followed by a late night with a bunch of teenagers. Maybe I better go grab a nap!
----
#1, I am sure, would love me to let everyone know that he got a 96.77% on his science test today. We are starting to see improvement!

No comments: