Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Fast

Look who turned TWO yesterday!! No more babies in our family. I called to talk to my nephew and he spoke right up. "Hello Aunt Angel. It's my birthday. I am two." How he has changed just since Christmas. Happy Birthday, Big Boy!
I guess you can always tell when my life gets busy; I don't post often. Friday I spent the day learning about Mathematics and new ways to teach it. I enjoyed being with other moms and learning together. Then Saturday I went to a 4-H Volunteer Leaders' Conference. I learned several things about the Forestry Program and Target Shooting Sports that I think will help my club members. I also helped our Extension Agent teach a class on Citizenship, and it was very well received. Of course, Sunday was the big game and we went to a gathering for that. Yesterday was an Envirothon training, and now here we are a week later. Whew!
Our training yesterday was interesting. The ranger had lots of footprints on a power point for us to identify. Then she brought out the skulls, real ones! The boys were counting teeth on skulls and identifying critters like crazy. One interesting fact to me was that the gray fox is indigenous to North America, not the red fox. The red fox was brought here by the Brits so they could have fox hunts. Why couldn't they hunt the gray fox? It is the only dog that can climb a tree, and it was ruining their fox hunts. Crazy.
Another thought came to me yesterday...If you have a louse and it multiplies, you have lice. So if you have a spouse and get more, do you have spice? I decided it would be the spice that causes indigestion. That is how my mind works when it is overloaded with traveling, workshops, and statistics. Look Out!

No comments: