Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Growing in the Greenhouse

I have a couple of raised beds at the front of the greenhouse that I am using as a nursery to start plants. I have several squash and watermelon in this one and beans in the other one.
The cabbage worms were destroying so much that I had growing. I finally had to dust them. Now I am losing tomatoes to ants! The insects down here drive me nuts!
I have 3 different varieties of tomato plants growing. The cherry tomatoes that #2 grew last year self-propogated themselves this year, so we have loads of those growing behind the barn.
And this is the inside of the steamhouse. I put down newspaper to help control the weeds between boxes from growing. I went out yesterday morning to weed and care for things. I will try to get another good day in on Friday so that my being gone so long perhaps will be ok. Hubby is supposed to water while I am gone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: