Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

We had a great time at Wolf Lodge. The boys each took a friend, and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We made them keep the buddy system, and then they were on their own. They tried out the waterpark three times, the MagiQuest game was on until I pulled them in at 10:30 pm, and then they were back at it the next day until we left. The arcade had a crane game that produced three playground balls and a teddy bear to be added to our home. Hubby and I enjoyed the water park, though for some reason I was very dizzy. The med I take for inflammation can make you dizzy, and I think that combined with the swooshing and swishing of water slides just made me a bit more blonde than usual. I was also able to READ A BOOK!! I seldom have opportunity to read something fiction, or even non-fiction, just for the fun of it. I always have something else that needs to be finished, and if I read a book I am totally engrossed in it. I mean that I won't feed anyone, wash clothes or dishes, or even be aware that you just threw up down the hallway. So I don't read much. I chose to take To Kill a Mockingbird with me. I had never read it before, and I really enjoyed it. There is a lot of cussing and some politically incorrect language, but the story is very thought provoking. I didn't know what it was about really when I started reading. I knew it was banned in some schools and now I know why. I won't ask my boys to read it until Junior or Senior year of high school. I think reading it again as an adult would shine new light on it as well. I like books like that...the meaning changes with experience. Well, back to the porch. I did manage to finish painting before we headed to Wolf Lodge. Now I have to seal the floor of the front porch and then I am DONE! Until I get to the sunroom on Saturday for painting.

1 comment:

brightleigh said...

Glad you guys had a good time! Love, love To Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't read it until I was a middle school librarian. I should have read it in high school--I feel I missed out. That's what I tell kids to get them to read it, but I really did not read it until I was an adult. See you soon.