Wednesday, June 23, 2010


This pretty lady was growing a few weeks ago when I started the painting project in the front. I planted bushes years ago, but we had a couple years of drought and it has taken them a while to really get going. Of course it seems that we are headed for another dry year, so I may not get flowers again for a while.
I did try to make a doctor's appointment, but I can't get in to him until the middle of July, so for now I am putting up with it and trying to enjoy a few naps when I can.
Tomorrow the boys go to District Activity Day with 4H. They will be giving their presentations in the competition there for our district. If they do well they will move on to the state competition in July. #1's presentation is on puppets around the world, and #2 is presenting on wildfires and prescribed burns. I hope they do well, but the time has slipped by so quickly that I am sure they haven't practiced as much as they ought to have.
So we are gone all day tomorrow and then Friday we have another home study for our exchange student. I can't remember if I have put that on here, probably not since I have been so negligent of my blogging lately. We are getting an exchange student for a month this summer. He is 13 years old and from Japan. It is through the 4H program. He emailed us yesterday and I hope we can have several conversations before he arrives. Last week was our first home study. One of the questions was what are our house rules. We had a hard time answering that since we don't really have any. Finally #1 said, "You just follow your conscience." I liked that answer.
Then Saturday we leave for WV and 4H camp there. We are taking our 4H club to the county camp I went to when I was a girl. They are all looking forward to it. I am sure there will be lots to share when I get back.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful!