Tuesday, June 01, 2010

How Much?

Well it seems I have one boy with a cracked head and another that isn't all there. The X-rays showed a congenital defect in #2, and he is missing some of his teeth. He is definitely missing one adult tooth and it looks like perhaps 4 are missing. It is actually a good thing since #2 has a small mouth (though that doesn't stop him from talking a lot). Crowding shouldn't be much of an issue. The dentist said we just wait a couple more years and then go to an orthodontist to see how they want to "jostle things around." Neither boy had cavities. They both complained that their teeth are very smooth now. I told them that is how they are supposed to feel all of the time, and if they would clean them well they would know that. #2 said he would rather have rough teeth; slippery was too weird. 4H went well, and I was able to talk to a couple of mothers about some school things for next year. Overall it was a good day. Compared to yesterday it felt better, but ironically it cost me a whole lot more. I guess how you feel depends on how much you spend. Maybe that explains my mood yesterday; I didn't spend enough!

No comments: