Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Lovely Holiday

I spent yesterday painting the porches. The back porch is done, but the front is only primed. It took nearly the whole day. The wood is soaking up the paint like it is in the middle of a desert. I can't imagine that since it felt like I was in the middle of a sauna! So after I spent the day painting I thought I would treat myself to a little shopping. Those of you who know me well know that I just made a sarcastic comment. Belk was having a sale on shorts, and since I am attending two camps myself this summer, I thought I might need more than the two pair that I have. So off I headed with a definite purchase in mind (2 pair of bermuda shorts on sale for $14.99 each) and my $10 off coupon from the paper. Oh if it were only that easy! You see the coupon was $10 off of $30 or more and what does 14.99 plus 14.99 make? 29.98 of course. So I had to find something that would make up the two cents that I needed. I had been looking at a shirt, but was debating if I should get something more than I had gone for, so I decided maybe this was a "sign" to go get it. No, it wasn't. That shirt's sale was not included in the coupon. So I looked at other shirts, skirts, more shorts, flip flops...they were all too expensive- who pays $21 ON SALE for a shirt!?- or they didn't work with the coupon. Finally I gave in and bought a $3 candy bar so that I could then end up getting $7 off my shorts instead of $10. I told the sales lady I never worked so hard for two pair of shorts. Then I went to Target to get unmentionables, a curling iron, Corelle dishes, and engine coolant. The unmentionables were OH MY GOODNESS EXPENSIVE, and I finally after debating lost to over $40 of underclothing that no one will see. The Corelle dishes were all ugly, and nothing else fit what I was looking for. They don't carry the type of curling iron I was looking for or anything like it, and by then I just left the list in my purse and forgot the engine coolant. I couldn't even make it to the grocery for milk I was so upset by it all. So I bought milk at Target and Happy Day found out milk is actually less expensive at Target! I should have stayed home and painted the porch for the lovely mood that all that put me in. Today is the dentist and 4H. Maybe this will be better.

No comments: