Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sock Hop

Along with the DC pictures were the ones from the Sock Hop. Again, I didn't take many, but here are a few. I did buy a cd from the official photographer, but I haven't looked at it yet. #1 ha to help in the kitchen before it began.
The hula hoops are a big attraction. #2 was the night's winner. That boy can move!
Elvis was in the House and had a change of costume too. He looks more like Johnny Cash to me, but he does a good job of keeping the kids involved in the fun.
This sweet family is becoming more involved in our lives. Their oldest two sons are on the Envirothon team, and three of the kids are in my writing classes. The younger girl wanted to dance and her dad didn't want to. He was dragging her off the floor before the dance contest. Another mom and I hounded him about being a bad father, so he took her back to dance. They ended up winning! He was flipping her through the air and tossing her under his legs; she had a great time!
The night before we left for DC #1 was part of a Political Meet-n-Greet through 4-H. He was to ask one of the candidates a question. He seemed very pleased that his dad was there to see him. He seems to be wanting his dad these days. I guess it is right and proper...Growing Up I think they call it.
---------
I slept about 10 hours last night and I feel a lot better this morning. My lipstick went on a whole lot better this morning! I am blinking more naturally and my mouth is a bit easier to control, though singing in church had its issues. Thanks again for your prayers and concern.

No comments: