Sunday, October 07, 2012

Historic Jamestowne

 The last time we visited this indian village was in February or March five years ago. It was COLD! #1 had "forgotten" his coat at home, after being told to take it, and so he was learning about thinking ahead. That day I was surprised by how warm it was inside the furlined wigwam. There may have been a small fire inside that day, but I don't remember it if there was. You can tell by our clothing that it was not cold this time. Still, we took advantage of the furlined benches to enjoy a little rest.


 Here we are being shown the foods that the indians would have eaten and the way it would have been prepared. I asked about salt and was told they don't think the indians used salt, but I am thinking they did. I mean, they live this close to the ocean and they haven't thought of salting their food? If we could think how to make glass thousands of years before, then I think the indians thought of salting food.

 The armor leaves a little bit exposed, I am afraid. I guess they thought only kids would try it on.
Here are some handsome men on the ship. I enjoy the replicas that give me an idea of what things were like way back when. I wouldn't have enjoyed the ride over, I am positive. Flush toilets for me, thank you very much!

No comments: