Wednesday, October 03, 2012

I Need a Vacation

Has it really been less than a month since our vacation!? It was during our trip that we discovered #1 was to be in the play, and life hasn't stopped since then! So since I can't go on vacation again for a few months, I thought I would post the long forgotten pictures to remind myself what a wonderful time it was.
 The first day we went to Williamsburg. The kids are not cool enough to be seen with the likes of Hubby and I, so we asked them to please leave us alone. They sadly obliged and went their way. Hubby and I took a tour of the Capitol Building. I believe this is King George. The guide didn't go over the art work, but he did mention a painting of Queen Anne. The poor woman had 18 children and NONE lived long enough to succeed to the throne. How sad. With 18 children and running a country I bet she wished for a vacation too.
 I enjoy seeing the people in costume and "going about their day". This looked so peaceful to me just now, but in actuality it was the beginning of a drama of a rebellion.
 The Red Coats are coming! We have learned in our History course that the Brits were called Bloody Backs. In part it was because of their red coats, but it was also because they were often lashed for disobedience. It was a cruel army, but well-disciplined.
 My parents were able to go with us for most of the trip. They needed a vacation themselves and took one day to head to the beach, my mother's favorite get-away. Here we are entering the original Jamestown. It was such a pleasant day. We enjoyed sitting in the shade and looking over the water and trees. We also had a lovely picnic that day. How restful.
 Pocohontas greets us at the gate. #2 thought he found his love, but she was as cold as stone to him!
This is inside the church in Jamestown. I think it is important to realize how much God was invited into the beginning of this young nation. What a shame that He is so carelessly tossed out now.

Well, now I head off to Family Night at church. Hubby and I are in charge of tonight's activities and we are studying the B-I-B-L-E. One of the Ice Breakers is to find someone with a Bible name. I will let you in on a secret. My name is Leah.

No comments: