Sunday, October 21, 2012

Scheduled

Every few days there is a little nip in the air that tells me autumn is upon me. I like the cooler weather, the comfier clothes, the possibility of a salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks. Another thing that tells me autumn is upon me is the schedule. When I feel like every second of every day is scheduled without relief, I know it is October. It happens every year.
This year, however, the scheduling is taking a toll that I can't handle. I am losing words. I try to write and the words don't come. Not that they aren't there, but they can't safely walk through the pea-soup fog out of my brain and into my fingers.
I have finished the chapters of my book. Last week I toiled over seveeral phrases so long it was excruciating; and I don't even think they sound all that great. Now I am trying to write the introduction, and the peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth has entered my sinus cavity and is threatening my very skull.
I also have committed to writing a Christmas play that needs to be done in a couple of weeks, and I teach three writing classes, which require ease of speech and writing ability. Based on these other requirements, I am closing the blog for a month.
I know many of you don't care; you don't read it all that often anyway, but for those of my faithful followers, I didn't want you to think I had expired and no one let you know.
Enjoy your autumn. Walk in a brisk breeze, wear a soft sweater, drink some salty sweet goodness. And come back in a month. Maybe I will have something worth reading then.

No comments: