Saturday, October 06, 2012

Still On Vacation

 This picture looks like the boys are standing in the water, but they are actually on the sea wall. This is the outside of the National Park Jamestown Settlement. The day was as gorgeous as the pictures imply. Lovely day!

 My parents said this was the first picnic they had been on in years. It is pretty common for us; I guess because I am cheap. I do enjoy a good picnic though. The sandwiches were thick and meaty, and we had chips, veggies and dip, good drinks, and cookies! Now that's a picnic.
I just enjoyed this bucket near the water. I thought it was a nice picture, peaceful.
 After lunch we headed over to the Glasshouse where they still blow glass. Growing up in WV, a visit to the glass blowing factory was a school field trip tradition.

 Here is the whole family watching the miracle unfold. There are so many things that I wonder how humans discovered. What was it about these things that made someone say, "Let's crush and burn these materials and see what happens."

No comments: