Thursday, February 21, 2013

4-H Blues

Imagine my surprise when I opened an email a couple of days ago and discovered cumulative records are due today. I thought they were due next month! I am certain they have always been due in March.

So we have frantically put together records in order to get the boys' projects in. Cumulative records cover the last three years of your 4-H projects in detail. They have come in very handy as we apply for scholarships and awards, but they are certainly trouble to put together.

Honestly, I am tired of 4-H. We have been in it for eight years now, and we have worked very hard at it. The boys have had great experiences and should have super memories when they are older. But right now, in the midst of school, teenagers, book writing, and all the other "shtuff", I just feel like quitting.

God knew what he was doing when he only gave me 2 kids.

 These are pictures from Achievement Night a few weeks ago. Both boys had a book chosen to go on to District where it will be judged against books by kids from many other counties. Believe it or not, #2's book was his cooking project. #1's book was on Personal Development and Leadership.

No comments: