Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Habakkuk

I have a lot of writing to get done in the next several weeks. I am working on a play for the youth group to perform at Family Night in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Yikes!! Also the Ladies' Retreat is in a month, and I need to make a couple talks for that.
The topic the ladies chose is "Whine and Cheese". We will be talking about why life is not all easy cheesy after you become a Christian and why you shouldn't complain and whine about that. This morning I think God told me to use Habakkuk 3 for the scripture.
I missed some of my devotional readings last week because of chaperoning a youth trip. Today when I was catching up, in two separate books, Habakkuk 3 showed up. So I am guessing that is what God wants me to share. Just in case you don't know that particular scripture:
Though the cherry trees don’t blossom
and the strawberries don’t ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,
I’m singing joyful praise to God.
I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God’s Rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
I feel like I’m king of the mountain! (Habakkuk 3:17-19 The Message)

Even though things look really bad, even ARE really bad, we still have reason to rejoice. The Lord of all, my Father and Savior, is in charge of everything. And that is reason enough to sing, dance, and shout.

No comments: