Tuesday, February 05, 2013

He Told Me Off!

A few days ago the boys and I had to go somewhere, so we put Captain in the kennel outside. Hubby was already gone somewhere else. Hubby returned home before we did, and wouldn't you know it, Captain was OUT of the kennel. It seems he pushed back the fencing on the kennel and crawled out.
So now Captain has to be crated when we leave the house. This morning was one of those times. Hubby had to go to work and the boys and I had Geography Club. Captain went in the crate fairly easily, and I rewarded him with a couple treats. He cried when we left, but that is normal.
#1and I returned an hour and a half later and let Captain out right away. He started crying and whimpering, then suddenly turned to angry barking, then back again to the crying. It was as if he was saying, "You left me. I'm so HURT. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? Why do you hate me so? WHAT?! Am I not good enough for you and your fancy car?" He was like a woman on emotional steroids. It was funny.
You may be wondering why #2 didn't return with us. Yesterday in PE he hurt his wrist. He seldom lets anything get to him, but the look on his face was one of pain, so I was a little concerned. This morning it was still swollena nd he said it hurt, so I scheduled a doctor visit for an Xray.
Thankfully, nothing is broken. It is just a bad sprain and he has to wear a brace. His dad said #2 really wanted the brace (looks cool for the girls I guess), but now he is regretting it. Those things are hot! So the brace often comes off and I am not sure how much good it is going to do. Glad he is ok, though.

No comments: