Thursday, February 21, 2008

#2 has some kind of rash. I thought it might be another episode of hives, but it is bumpier. So my doctor friend looked and said it looks more like poison ivy. So now I need to go out to the woods where he has been hanging out and see what he got into. He has done a good job not scratching, but it certainly does look bad. ----------- My reading for class last night was about letting people belong to a group before they believe. My religious tradition has trouble with the concept. In the past especially, they wanted you to believe right before you could be part of the group. We are seeing more and more, though, that it is better to let people in and let them see Christ from the inside of a church. It struck me that Jesus did the same. He didn't require that people believe in him before he called them. He worked with what he had and helped them believe by being with him.

No comments: