Saturday, February 09, 2008

Yesterday I received a gift I have never had before...a nephew! Baby Isaac was born about 6:00 p.m., and weighed 8 pounds 8 1/2 ounces, and was 21 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great. I told my boys they will have to teach him to be a "MAN" and tell him things like, "Man up, boy!" They said, "Yeah, he'll be a wuss with those sisters." ------- I hate restless nights. I woke up about 2 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. Around 4:30 I thought I would try to make some hot cocoa and see if that would get me back to sleep. I was trying not to wake hubby because he has to work today. Instead, he woke up and came out to visit. He told me he had been awake thinking through some things and then shared them with me. So when I went back to bed, instead of my mind rolling through all of the things I had been thinking of before, I went through all of that PLUS what he had been thinking through. What a generous man. Of course, I was able to stay in bed a little longer than he was today, so he was repaid for his kindness. ------- #2 was grounded from dessert and candy this week. All day yesterday he told me, "As soon as I get up tomorrow I'm having a piece of candy and a Little Debbie cake." However, the computer seemed to draw his attention more. ------- This week was the first one to "schedule" school for the boys. I handed them a list at the beginning of the week of everything they had to do, and it was up to them to do it. They were both doing school last night. I think they will play a little less this week; it seemed to be a lesson learned. We'll find out. ------- One last blurb, (you see why I was up last night) we started watching the series A Family Affair. The kids really liked it. They dubbed it "a different kind of Brady Bunch."

No comments: